Wednesday 3 June 2009

Farewell and may Allah bless you my dear fren

3rd June 2009, my fren's last day in the office, he's moving to Abu Dhabi and starting a new job and adventure. Meeting this guy (my fren) is an eye opener for me. Came from a well heeled family background (his dad used to be the Partner at one of the big 4 audit firms in Kuala Lumpur), but, he's not an ordinary rich kid type of person.

  1. This guy is not interested in branded or expensive looking stuff like most people or most rich wannabe guys I've met.
  2. Always humble and for the last 5 years I know him, only now I know he's a son of a rich guy (and I know it from someone else)
  3. Being a son of a well connected dad would't give you any problem of getting a well paid job and position back in Malaysia, due to 'orang dalam' or some say 'cable' culture practiced in many organisation. But, this guy, with all due respect, is more willing to stand by his own feet thru the hard way and yes, he's well educated with good qualification.
  4. Drove a used Nissan Micra (Kancil) while workin here, not like some Melayu yg tergila nak pakai Mercedez, BMW or Audi while living in the UK, walaupun kerja actually kat embassy with taxpayers money and way below my fren's salary.
  5. Always volunteer to give sermon for our community Friday prayers and is active with the Muslim community activities in our area.
  6. Put barakah first whenever he looks for a new job.....of which most of us Muslim always forgot.....after all, we all live in a material world and that includes me.

All in all, you earn my highest respect, and knowing this guy is an eye opener to a meager person like me. It's good to know, in a world full of materialistic people and pop culture, such a person, so pure in his objective and aspiration still exist. May Allah bless you my fren and may the angel smile at you in your journey.

2 comments:

  1. Salam Jijan

    Errr...dah kawin lom mamat nie.nak buat adik ipar bule???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dah kawin dah pun, anak sorang....sorry...

    ReplyDelete